CO-Z 5 Layer Bee Hive, Beehive for Honey, Bee Box Beekeeping Supplies, Hive Kit for Starter Beekeeper (No Frames)
- Fir-Wood Construction for Durability: Natural pinewood outside frames without honeycomb foundation frames, our beehive can resist against wear and stand up to years of use even under the toughest environment.
- Larger Volume: This equipment measures 16-1/4” x 22” x 40”, is larger than 8 frame wood equipment by approximately 30 percent. When full of honey, our bee hive can generate 20% more honey than that of 8-frame bee hive.
- Metal Roof: Pre-assembled metal roof helps to keep out the elements and maintain the purity as well as freshness of honey.
- Complete Design: Designed with a solid bottom board, entrance reducer, and inner cover for your convenience.
- Quick Assembly: Assembly is easy, even new entry can complete the assembly in up to 15 minutes.
4 Tips To Maximize Your Honey Production Foundation
- 1. Be prepared.
- It takes 40 days from when an egg is laid for that bee to emerge from her cell, serve in her housekeeping role and finally be old enough to fly out and forage for nectar. Just because you have lots of bees does not mean you have lots of foragers. To gather nectar, you need to have a full squadron of foraging age bees PRIOR to the nectar flow. Therefore, beekeepers could produce more honey if they simply counted 40 days backward from when the nectar flow starts, and begin to prepare ahead of time for that flow.
- 2. You must also make sure your bees are healthy.
- They need nutrition. They need to be fattened up so they can remain strong and fight off various diseases. Mite control is essential in keeping healthy bees. The healthier the hive, the better the honey production.
- 3. Having a good queen is important as well.
- It is optimal to replace your queen every couple of years. You certainly don't have to, and often the hive will replace a faltering queen. However, for maximum honey production, you should replace your queen in September. Then, by the time you start stimulating the hive in February with sugar water and pollen patties, this new, young queen can really begin laying. You must see your honey production season as starting in September!
- 4. Finally, you require lots of supers!
- Research has shown that bees with plenty of supers on the hive at one time do better than supering a hive as needed. I always have at least 3 medium supers on all my hives prior to the nectar flow. If some of those supers have been saved from the previous year and have drawn comb, then you're that much closer to an excellent honey producing year.
NOTE: Please Read Carefully, This Listing comes with no frames or foundations. We do not want to confuse or mislead anyone.
Widened Bee Entrance
Queen Extruder Included